Email Interview: Ron Adams

How long have you lived in Cedar City?  52 Years

Why do you want to be a part of the City Council? 
I love the quality of life here in Cedar City that I have enjoyed for my 52 years.  My work experience and education have prepared me to be on the city council.  I want to open my doors to all citizens, task forces and committees to use their research and ideas in my voting to keep Cedar City the great place to live.

What do you think are the biggest issues in our community right now? 
We need to continue to bring in new companies at Port 15 to bring more and higher paying jobs to Cedar City which will benefit all the businesses and citizens with a more stable economy.  Along with this we need to continue with maintaining our infrastructure within the budget we have without adding more burdens on the citizens.

When you think of Cedar City 5 or 10 years from now, what do you want to see?   
The great place that it is to live with everyone working and businesses thriving and everyone enjoying life to the fullest!

What do you see as your top priorities if you are elected?  
Pushing Industrial Development and Growth.  Operating the City within the budget, which means getting the biggest bang for our buck?  Providing a listening ear for the public to bring their solutions to and educating us all about these solutions to make the best decisions possible for the City and citizens.  As a councilman, I have to spend the time to attend all meetings necessary to study the solutions, and draw upon the information from the task forces and committees and use all that information to make the best decision possible.  Protect the quality of life here in Cedar City!


Share your thoughts about the following:

CATS - 

I believe we have a great start to this transportation system around our City and need to have a vision into the future to prepare for more solutions as the City grows.

UTOPIA - 
The concept of an information highway is needed for a City to keep up with the growing needs of business and citizens.  I do believe that this type of system should be kept in the private sector and not put in by the taxpayers as all may not hook onto the system.  If kept private, those who need it and use it would pay for it instead of many paying for it and never using it!

The New Aquatic Center - 

Cedar has always had a swimming pool and that need is still here.  The citizens have voted to build this new expanded facility which supports our school swimming programs also.  There have been some problems with not getting hard numbers before beginning.  The council and staff are working hard to fix those problems that came from architects etc. that they have to fix.  I believe it can be done.  The concern after completion will be to find the resources to meet the maintenance required to keep it going for the future.

Jobs –  

Industrial Development will help this area with better and higher paying jobs, which in turn will help all businesses with job stability.  We need good jobs to provide a future for all our children.

Parks and Recreation –

I believe we do a great job in this area.  We are using government grants to provide the trail system and we can add to it as the need arises through the same system.  With the new ballfields/soccerfields complex there are even more places for all to enjoy recreation in our City.  I believe the City provides a big bang for our buck in this area.

Infrastructure –  

This is an area that needs constant attention.  Older areas of town need to be looked at and brought up to today’s standards.  Through proper, prior, planning the needs of future growth can be met and the City will be prepared to expand those services as the need arises.  This has to be at the top of the list for priorities! 

Festivals or other activities – 

The culture of Cedar City offers so much in these areas!  Events bring revenue to the City and Businesses and contribute largely to the quality of life that we all enjoy here.  Volunteers make these events work.  There is always a need for more volunteers to keep these events going.  If we can’t get the volunteers to keep these going, I don’t think we should draw on more taxes from the citizens to provide all of them.  We have to look at the benefit to all.

Why should a person vote for you?  

 I take pride in my approach to making decisions.  I want to get all the information possible, educate myself and the citizens and make the best decision possible for the citizens and the City.  I have lived in Cedar City for the past 52 years and have enjoyed the quality of life here.  I want to protect all those things I have come to love here.  My work experience, education, and desire to serve has brought me to this time in my life prepared to work for the good of Cedar City and all of us that live here!

What is the best way for people to learn more about you?   

I encourage people to come and talk to me and get to know me for who I am.  I believe a one on one conversation lends to ask questions and give answers without the distraction of the noise of the world.  The source is the best place to go for information.  My door is always open or should I say my cell phone 435-463-7002 is waiting for a ring.

And what’s your favorite dessert?  

 One word, CHEESECAKE pretty much says it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment