Enoch: Rob Dotson, Candidate for City Council

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Raised in Cedar City by Richard and Maralyn Dotson and neighbors. Graduated from Cedar High School, attanded SUU.


How long have you lived in Enoch, and what do you like about it?

15 years in Enoch. I like the good people who live here. My best friends are all around me. True friends, with my best interests in mind.


What office are you running for? And why did you choose to be a candidate for this office?

4 year City Council seat. After last 4 years in this office, I have learned that I can have an influence for good among my associates.



What do you think are the biggest issues in our community right now?

Maintaining the good work done before us. Safeguarding our way of life from larger intrusions.


When you think of Enoch 5 or 10 years from now, what do you want to see?

I see a community that offers security through lawful and helpful neighbors. I see a community that takes care of it's own. I see the good work of our city staff having great benefits. I see these things because I work with them.



What do you see as your top 2 priorities if you are elected?

Same as they were the first time; to keep myself informed of the challenges and able to make decisions based upon needs, laws, and discernment.


What do you think are the biggest Infrastructure needs in Enoch?

I was one of 4 on the committee to interview and select an engineering firm to complete a Capital Facilities Plan. This plan will determine what the infrastructure needs are. We already have some plans in different areas. This plan will more clearly specify where we need the most work.


Please share your thoughts about water usage and rights, and the Water Conservancy District.

I agree with withdrawal from the Conservancy District. Another entity taking dollars from our pockets for projects outside of Enoch is not right. Norm Grimshaw and the Council he sat on changed our water rate structure to reward conservation. I agree with that. Enoch City has a great water system, with the best water in the State. Protecting this is vital.



What do you think about the new Recreation Center that has been planned for Enoch?

I do not think that it is the City's primary responsibility to entertain. First, water, sewer, roads, police protection must be taken care of. If the members of the community want recreation, this comes secondary. I have been supportive of the Rec Center as long as the vital needs are taken care of first. I have assisted in advising the Rec Committee with their plans.


Why are you the best candidate for this position?

I don't think about being the "best". I am always striving to be better than I was. There are many people better than me. I do feel the responsibility to share my abilities in whatever way I can, as they are given to me for the benefit of others.


What is the best way for people to learn more about you?

Ask the people who really know me best. Gary Wilcken, Mayor Bob Rasmussen, Spencer Jones, Scott Neil, Jeff Lewis, Celeste Lyman, Richard Dotson. The City staff know me very well, but they should not publicly show any bias.


and What's your favorite dessert?

Vanilla Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment