Enoch: Rick Bonzo, Candidate for 4 Year City Council Position

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

I was born and raised in Cedar City, the oldest of 5 boys.  I am employed with Albertson's and have served in the Utah National Guard for the past 37 years.  I am currently serving on the Iron County Water Conservancy District and the Iron County Natural Resources Board.  I enjoy golfing, hunting and 4-wheeling and working in our yard.   I am married to Wendy Cowan Bonzo and we have one son, Justin.

How long have you lived in Enoch, and what do you like about it?  

I have lived in Enoch for 33 years and I love the rural atmosphere, the larger lots and the people.

What office are you running for? And why did you choose to be a candidate for this office?

I am running for a 4 year council position.  I enjoy being involved in Enoch City government and feel that I have much to offer the community. 


What do you think are the biggest issues in our community right now?

We need to attract businesses to our area, helping improve our tax base.  Water is always a concern and needs to be addressed.

When you think of Enoch 5 or 10 years from now, what do you want to see?

I would like to see some viable businesses, more trails for recreation, conservative growth keeping the rural atmosphere that we enjoy.

What do you see as your top 2 priorities if you are elected?

Recruiting commercial business and water.

What do you think are the biggest Infrastructure needs in Enoch?  

Our roads need to be continually upgraded as do the water lines.

Please share your thoughts about water usage and rights, and the Water Conservancy District.  

I feel that we should conserve water where we can.  One way this is possible is by encouraging residents to use water-wise landscaping.   I feel that Enoch should continue to participate in the water conservancy district, working with other communities to insure we sufficient water for our needs.  The water conservancy district is set up to aid the communities of Iron County, not to take over their water systems.  The district is a valuable resource to Enoch City.

What do you think about the new Recreation Center that has been planned for Enoch?

I'm not completely up to date on the plans.  However, I feel that recreation areas are vital for our community.


Why are you the best candidate for this position?

I have 12 years experience as an Enoch City Councilman and 2 years as Mayor of Enoch.  I feel that I have the experience and leadership abilities to best serve the residents of Enoch.


What is the best way for people to learn more about you?

I may be contacted by calling 586-4607, most evenings.


and What's your favorite dessert?   
Cherry Cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment