Enoch: Steven M. Clarke, Candidate for 4 Year City Coucil Position

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

My name is STEVEN M. CLARKE I have lived in Enoch for 31 Years.  My wife Sharon and I have raised four children here.  We have 12 grandchildren.  I have several hobbies, amateur radio, old cars, fishing and ATV riding. 

What do you like about living in Enoch? 

I love living in Enoch.  My neighbors are friendly and helpful.  The citizens volunteer for everything.  I enjoy the rural atmosphere and the freedom that comes from larger lots.  

What office are you running for? And why did you choose to be a candidate for this office?

I am running for the four year City Council office.  I am the incumbent.  I feel like it took me along time to understand the responsibilities.  Now I have the experience to do a good job.  I feel that I have represented the people of Enoch the best of my ability and I would like to continue.





What do you think are the biggest issues in our community right now?

Water is an ongoing concern in Enoch.  We require water rights to be transferred for every lot.  We are working on a secondary water system that can use non-culinary and surface water for irrigation.  That way we can conserve our culinary water.    

When you think of Enoch 5 or 10 years from now, what do you want to see?

We need to encourage commercial growth.   We have organized a Community Development Agency to allow the city and county to waive taxes to encourage businesses to locate in Enoch. 
I would like to see a shopping center in Enoch sometime in the future.


What do you see as your top 2 priorities if you are elected?

My priorities would be to balance Enoch's wants with our needs in this economy.  With the challenge to do this without raising taxes.


What do you think are the biggest Infrastructure needs in Enoch?  


Enoch infrastructure needs include expanding the cemetery,  water tanks, and the expansion of the sewer plant.


Please share your thoughts about water usage and rights, and the Water Conservancy District. 


The past few years we have been asking the citizens of Enoch to conserve water, I think many are doing what they can.  I don't like raising the water rates to make it a hardship to use our allotted water.  The Iron County Water Conservancy District has helped Enoch in the past by financing our water study, helping us with our current water line project.  They also helped us acquire some good water rights a fair price.  I think Enoch has received some return on the taxes we paid to the ICWCD. I believe Enoch should keep our own water system and stay independent. 


What do you think about the new Recreation Center that has been planned for Enoch?

The Rec. Center is another question.  I think it will take a lot of money to build.  It will take raise in taxes and donations to build.  I don't support raising taxes for a Rec. Center or maintaining it with taxes.  I don't think we will have a center for many years.

Why are you the best candidate for this position?

I have served on the Enoch City Planning Commission.
I have served on the Enoch Board of Adjustments.
I have served in various B.S.A. and religious positions.
I am currently serving on the Enoch City Council and would like to continue.
 


What is the best way for people to learn more about you?

I can be contacted at smclarke62@msn.com

and What's your favorite dessert?  

My wife's banana creme pie is my favorite dessert.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment